The first step in protecting yourself and your loved ones from HIV is to know your status. You can now take an HIV self-test for free in the comfort of your own home. To do that, simply fill out the request form and you will receive a discreetly packaged kit containing one OraQuick self-test rapid HIV test kit, sexual health resources and information on additional ways to protect yourself from sexually transmitted infections (STI).
Please contact the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Service at 405-426-8400, request to speak with someone about Self-Testing, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you cannot provide or do not have an address.
To be eligible to receive a free self-test kit you must: (MUST MEET ALL CRITERIA)
- Reside in Oklahoma
- Have an elevated risk of acquiring HIV: (One or more the following)
- Bisexual or gay man, man who has sexual relations with men, or people who are transgender
- Had an STI in the last 12 months
- Had unprotected sex with multiple sex partners in the last 12 months
- Exchange sex for money, drugs, or other life needs
- Have sex with a person who exchanges sex for money, drugs, or other life needs
- Have sex with a person who injects drugs
- Have sex with a person who shares injection drug equipment or “works"
- Have sex with a man who has sex with men
- Have sex with a person who is living with HIV or has unknown HIV status
- Have not received a test through this program in the previous 90 days.
Once approved to receive a self-test kit, the following items will be shipped to your address in secure, discreet packaging:
- 1 OraQuick self-test rapid HIV test kit
- 20 external condoms
- 10 lubricant packets
- Educational materials on STIs, PrEP, and individual condom distribution